Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hey, this is my blog too, you know. . .

Want proof that this isn't just some "mommy blog"? Well check the name in the URL, baby--that's right, my name is FIRST--and it's not in alphabetical order, mind you. Sure, Carolina gets all the comments. . . and makes nearly all the posts. . . and is a mommy. . .

Anyway, here's something cool I've been messing around with lately:



Twitter is a life-streaming technology, like reading Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man (a damn fine book, btw) because it's stream of consciousness--what's happening to me right now, or what Carolina is thinking at the moment, you know, kind of like this sentence, which is awesome.

If email is just too slow for your tastes, then get Twitter--the space between email and blogging (or, for that matter, good ol' fashioned face to face communication). And, if that's not enough to convince you to try it out, Twitter once saved a man from an Egyptian prison. Final thought: it took me a long time to "get" Twitter, but once I started playing around with it, it was actually pretty fun, so give it a try. And be sure to "follow" me, of course.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, all things CAROLINA and Kendall. JK. I think twitter is pretty cool, and much more entertaining than Portrait of the Artist. But, dang, it's one more reason to be hooked into technology all day....scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and this, dear kendall, is a damn fine blog.

    is twitter time-consuming? do updates come to your email or through your twitter homepage...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thank you, Paul.

    Twitter is as time-consuming as you want it to be. You can easily tweet by sending a text message to twitter or even by using IM (or the old fashioned way--via the web). As for reading everyone elses' tweets, you can choose to have them emailed to you, or you can just visit twitter and see them. I choose the latter--I already get way too much email as it is. You can also get an RSS feed of them if you want, so you could hook it into your favorite RSS reader or on your iGoogle or MyYahoo pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I should also mention that you can choose to have tweets texted to your phone, as well. You can turn that on and off really easily by simpling texting "on" or "off" to Twitter.

    I'd say that I spend about 5 minutes a day thinking about Twitter on some days, and none on others. Just as the mood strikes.

    ReplyDelete