Thursday, October 04, 2007

A Dozen Questions

Cut and pasted from my personal blog, which will be retired shortly:

September 26, 2007

Well, this little "blog tag" has been going on for a while now, so here are my responses to the famous dozen questions. To anyone reading: tag, you're it.

What was I doing 10 years ago? I had just returned to the states from summer with my dad in Venezuela, and while I was gone, my mom and Brian had moved from South Jordan to Spanish Fork, Utah. I was hysterically upset about leaving my friends in South Jordan, but with no alternative, dove head first into Spanish Fork high school culture. Those first few months as a Don are a bit of blur. I watched Riverdance multiple times (even though I had never heard of it before), discovered the strange tradition of Oshibaba (I have no idea how it is spelled), wondered at Mr. Olsen's obsession with Bob Dylan, ate lunch in the LDS seminary building (why did we do that?), and made a fool of myself when my homecoming date told me we were going to "Wade Vest's" for dinner, and I assumed it was a restaurant. Little did I know that I would make lifelong friends in the short nine months of my senior year.

5 years ago? I was just starting my second year of law school after spending most of the summer working for a law firm in Phoenix and the rest of the summer working for a law firm in Caracas.

1 year ago? Exactly one year ago I was in Tanzania, starting a safari through the Serengeti after having hiked to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro. During the entire 17-day trip I had only three days of running water and electricity. The rest of the time I enjoyed cold bucket showers and gas lanterns. When we came home to Utah in early October, I remember asking Kendall how I looked after having taking my first real shower in several days and putting on clothes for work. He answered, "Better than you've looked in days!"

Yesterday? Cleaning my house and cuddling with my 2-month old baby boy.

Five Snacks I Enjoy? Pita bread with hummus, kimchi, dried apricots, any hot drink (herbal teas, steamed milk, hot chocolate, Pero or Postum), Cap'n Crunch Cereal

5 Things I Would Do With $100 Million? Spend a few years traveling around the world with Kendall and Alex, landscape the back yard (with a swimming pool), buy an island in the Caribbean or near Tahiti (there are some for sale--I looked a few weeks ago), pay off all my family's mortgages, and save the rest.

5 Locations I Would Like to Run Away To? Anywhere, really. I have romantic notions of moving to Africa (not sure where--maybe Kenya?) and running a bed and breakfast on a coffee or cacao plantation.

5 Bad Habits I Have? Overly concerned with cleanliness and sanitation, picking at hang nails, falling asleep during movies, using the word "idiot" as a term of endearment, talking too much

5 Things I Like Doing? Traveling, reading, salsa dancing, photography, writing fiction

5 TV Shows I Like? Lost, Boston Legal, The Office, The Daily Show, and The Colbert Report

5 Things I Hate Doing? Working with any kind of meat that still has bones in it--yuck; shopping for clothes; using public restrooms; eating off plastic plates, cups, cutlery (except disposable); spending long layovers in airports.

5 Biggest Joys of the Moment? Alex's cooing sounds, being able to do high-intensity exercise after limiting my activity throughout pregnancy, the cool weather (but don't get any colder!), being able to eat sushi after a long abstinence through pregnancy, fitting into my pre-pregnant jeans. Basically, I'm glad to be unpregnant.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad for your merger and that you did the 12 questions. Yes! Why did we eat in seminary? I think it was Aaron's dad's room and we liked the feeling of having it to ourselves. That Bob Dylan thing was really weird for an English teacher, wasn't it? Good times, good times.

    Hey, and I read The Cat's Pajamas (years after you posted, though)!!!

    ReplyDelete