Monday, March 26, 2007

The Wharton School


Today I received an acceptance letter from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania for entrance into their executive MBA program! This is a dream come true for me. Ever since I was young and my brother Kelvin was attending Wharton, I wanted to do the same thing. In case you've never heard of it, Wharton is widely considered one of the best business schools in the world. It was founded back in 1881 as the first collegiate school of business.

I got in to Wharton West, which is located at Howard and Spear Streets near the heart of the San Francisco business district. This will be perfect for me because it's much closer to Salt Lake City than the Philadelphia location, and because it is in the heart of Silicon Valley. I am, after all, a dot-com type guy.


I'll spend every other weekend at the old Folger building (used to be the headquarters of the Folger's coffee company) - all roughly 100 of us will eat together, take classes together, and stay overnight in the dorms. It will be intense. We also go on one week-long international trip during the two-year program.

I'm extremely excited and feel very privileged to have been accepted into such a great program. It really is a dream come true for me.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kendall! That is an amazing achievement. Your new home looks beautiful. We are excited about all the positive changes in your life. We are really hoping that you can come and see us this summer.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Kendall.

    ReplyDelete